Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Gratitude.... Gifts.... Wisdom

The Carnival of Life, Happiness, and Wisdom is up. For those of you who are not regular blog followers, a carnival is a compendium of bloggers' posts around a common theme. There are hundreds of different carnivals on remarkably diverse topics.
Two posts caught my particular attention. The Millionaire Mommy Next Door has written a lovely piece about gratitude. She includes a quote I've not seen before, worth remembering. "In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy."
-- Albert Clarke and she cites the research that shows that focusing on the positive in life makes for happier people. (My blog post about our collective Attention Deficit Syndrome when it comes to gratitude at this season is one of the posts included as well.)
A new blog (at least new to me) by the curious name of Cranberries on the Counter has a fabulous list of ten alternative gifts for the season. A few of them overlap with my list, and some are causes or companies new to me. Check it out if you need to shop but want to do it by spreading virtue around! I was struck by a company called SisterGoods which imports FairTraded items made by women in micro-finance groups from around the world.

photo from
Noemi in Recovery Principles




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for highlighting my post!