Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Double Miles on FreeRice!

Okay, not miles, but double the portion of rice. Last week I shared my new daily addiction to FreeRice, a multiple choice vocabulary game which distributes rice for every correct answer you input. (Thanks to my cousin Laurie for sending it my way.) Originally the donation was 10 grains per correct answer, and they've just upped it to 20 grains. Doesn't sound like much, but if you keep at it, it adds up. (One of these days I will count out 20 grains of rice to see if it's even a spoonful.) In the meantime, it's fun. It keeps track of your score, and there's no limit to how many times you can play per day. My highest so far is 42. The level goes up to challenge you; words repeat on subsequent visits so you actually might remember some of the ones you missed earlier. Since I'm also a crossword puzzler, I've actually learned some new words in my middle age. "Bole" means tree trunk. Who knew?
Tell us some of the new words you've learned, since as we get better we're bound to encounter them!

No comments: