Thursday, February 16, 2012

Washington Gas Energy Service Slamming

 As a pretty savvy consumer. I carefully researched which was the greenest electricity provider to switch to when our utility, PECO, decoupled from electricity provision.  But I was totally fooled by a genial representative who came to my door yesterday. (Not the fellow pictured on the left.)  He announced PECO had sent him because they had instructed Washington Gas Energy Services to lower my rate. He spent all kinds of time verifying my account, calling his supervisor with my info, and on and on.  I cannot believe I went along with this.

Sure enough, this morning I verified with PECO this was fraudulent.  That also took a lot of time, plus calling and complaining both to Washington Gas and to the Utility Complaint Line: 888-782-3228.  Here's the thing. I really, really liked the man who came by.  I was leery, but he was so calm and assured that I overlooked my skepticism.  I have always looked down on people who fall for things, but this time I'm looking in the mirror!

1 comment:

San Marcos bankruptcy attorney said...

Wow, I can't believe that happened. Don't be too hard on yourself, it seems these people are getting more and more clever with their approach and schemes to scam and fool people.