Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Aha! It's My Own Credit Card Companies Flooding My Mailbox!

Damn!  I hate credit card offers.  Especially when I dutifully went through the Opt-Out process to make them go away.  Why are we still getting so many, especially from companies like AMEX, where I already have one?  A little research reveals that your own credit card company is the source - they can send you offers and share your name.  I have 3 credit cards, my husband has 1, my daughter has 1.  You can see why we are still getting them.

Go to your credit card website and nose around for your security and privacy settings.  Or call.  Tell them you do not want any offers, nor may they share your information.  I hope this helps!  This is what Capital One sent me after a lengthy Robo conversation:

Linda: •If your name was previously selected for any of our upcoming mail promotions prior to this request, it is possible for you to receive information from us over the next several weeks.
Linda: •It may take up to 30 days for your do-not-call request to be removed from all offers. If you receive a Capital One telemarketing call during this 30-day period, please inform the caller that you have recently made a request not to receive telemarketing calls or ask the caller to submit a new do not call request
Linda: •If your name was previously selected for any of our upcoming email offers, it is possible for you to receive information from us over the next 10 business days.
Linda: It may take up to 6 weeks for your request to take effect with regard to not receiving further checks by mail.
Linda: It may take up to 12 weeks for your request to take effect with regard to not receiving further checks attached to your monthly statement
Linda: Your request to be excluded from the sharing of your personal, credit, or eligibility information with business partners or companies owned by Capital One will be honored within 30 days.
Linda: These choices do not include information we may send you in our regular communications, like your billing statement or when you call in to our Customer Service Center, about products and services that are directly related to your account, such as balance transfer or purchase check offers.
Linda: Your choices will apply to all of the Capital One accounts for which you are financially responsible
If this works, I will be delighted!
 

1 comment:

Alicia Sanders said...

That is a really example you have in this article. It is just my husband and I are also keep getting thee credit cards offer and I am kind off a tired of them. Because surprisingly they always come in time of financial hardship. I am trying not to pay attention, but sometimes it is really better to use one of those credit cards, instead of turning to a sort of companies which provide fast borrowing online. As percentage rate is rather lower. Not than I know how to sign myself out, I am going to use this opportunity