Monday, January 24, 2011

Eco-Unfriendly Mailing Labels - "FREE"


I'm getting really loaded down with mailing labels, seemingly each batch uglier than the last.  This week they were pretty - but from an environmental organization.  What are they doing sending out non-recyclable crap?
Here's what I told the Chesapeake Bay Foundation:


"I appreciate that non-profits need to raise money via junk mail.  What I don’t like is to receive non-recyclable, unsolicited address labels from an environmental organization.  Cut it out, guys!"

3 comments:

Julie H. said...

Does using such labels render an envelope nonrecycleable? Or do you just mean that the backing they peel off of cannot be recycled?
Thanks.

bpt said...

I guess the labels themselves can be recycled, but since I don't generally use them, and the backing can't be recycled, they go in the trash. Given that people mail fewer and fewer letters, whybdo they like sending mailing labels so much, anyway?

Julie H said...

Beats me. Maybe they send all those labels anyway because they already invested in them and they're piled up all over the warehouse? Something like that. Anyway, it's not a great thank-you gift. How about a memo pad that can stick on a refrigerator with the person's name on it? Nevermind...