Thursday, November 11, 2010

AARP Roadside Service - Nicest Lady Ever

Call this post giving credit where credit is due.  I've lambasted many a company for super terrible customer service - or as my husband has dubbed it, customer disservice.  A few years ago we dumped AAA because of their anti-global warming stance, and signed up with AARP Roadside service for half the price.  The service has been comparable, though their maps aren't as nice.  However you can buy a lot of maps at retail and still come out way ahead!
My car had a flat tire, so I called AARP Roadside Assistance.  They answered immediately, and the woman's first question was "Are you safe?"  I assured her my problem was just a flat tire in my driveway, not an actual emergency.  She was solicitous and empathetic.  "I'm so sorry that happened to you."  She arranged for a 3rd party service to come and change the tire.  I received two follow up calls from them while waiting for the guy to show up, and each time they updated me on how long it would take.  Of course it took longer than their initial prediction, but it was rush hour and that was not surprising.
What a difference it makes when the person you're dealing with comes in with great roadside manner.  I give an A+ to them for customer service.  They deal with people in extremely stressful situations - much worse than flat tires when you're safely inside your own house - and they do it well.

1 comment:

ezlockout said...

I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.