Monday, June 28, 2010

Reactivating Skype Credit - A Micro-Victory

 It's not winning the World Cup, but I am quite pleased to report I reactivated my expired skype credit.  You may know that skype is a great way to make free calls from your computer to anywhere in the world, to someone who also has skype software downloaded.  (It's free.)  If you want to "skype-out", and call a landline or cell phone #, you can do it from your computer for a modest purchase of Skype credit.
For several months Skype emailed me my credit was about to expire, but since I didn't have anyone at the time who I needed to call, I just ignored it.  Turns out that to prevent your credit from expiring, all you need to do is make a call - anywhere - even for one second. The remaining credit was $7.72.  My daughter is abroad and now it would be perfect - I can send a text message to her cell.  Before biting the bullet and purchasing more Skype credit - which I may never actually use - I googled "reactivate skype credit."  Sure enough, all you need to do is go to your account and press a button -
5.3 Inactive Skype Credit: If you do not use your Skype Credit for a period of 180 days, we will place your Skype Credit on inactive status. You can reactivate the Skype Credit by following the reactivation link in My Account at http://www.skype.com/go/store.reactivate.credit. (I haven't hyperlinked it because it's going to MY account, which will likely not help you much.) Reactivated Skype Credit is not refundable.
This from my inbox:

Your full Skype Credit balance $7.72 is now active and ready for you to use.

Your account details:


Balance: $7.72

Talk soon,
The people at Skype

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This worked perfect. Thank you!