Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Musequality: Improving the World One Note at a Time

Since it's the end of the year and philanthropic folks are making donations before the year's end, I'm highlighting an interesting charity you might not normally run across. In response to my blog birthday uberpost my cousin David Schoenbaum sent me some fascinating links to Musequality, an organization which uses music to reach disadvantaged kids around the world. I am very admiring of this sort of mission-driven activism in the world, so hats off to David Juritz:

David Juritz left London with a backpack
and an empty wallet for a 60,000 mile
busk around the world, playing Bach's Partitas
and Sonatas. He aims to raise money and
awareness for a new charity Musequality
which funds music projects in deprived
areas across the world. The first project is the
Tender Talents Magnet School for aids
orphans in Kampala.
You can see him on YouTube yourself! His activism makes one proud of humankind!
By the way, I met my cousin David at a Bat Mitzvah a few years ago. We discovered our grandfathers had been business partners and they had a falling out say, oh, about seventy years ago. We had never even known about one another. Nice to have mended that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to edit my last comment to add, "and here is her website":
http://www.jenniferberman.com/